Last year the Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee distributed 10.5 million pounds of food as 8.75 million meals to people in need in 8 counties in Northeast Tennessee. People in our area are struggling with hunger every single day. Food donations are always needed to meet these basic humanitarian efforts.
You can help ensure that more nutritious food is available for the community. Host a food drive or donate to a food drive near you:
|The Wellness Center||200 Med Tech Parkway||JC||10/17/2016||12/2/2016|
|Doubletree by Hilton||211 Mockingbird Lane||JC||10/18/2016|
|BCTI||5112 Bobby Hicks Hwy||GRAY||10/18/2016|
|LifeLight Chiropractic/Breathe Yoga Center||207 West Unaka Ave||JC||10/21/2016||11/17/2016|
|Towne Acres Elementary||2310 Larkspur Drive||JC||10/27/2016||12/2/2016|
|Starbucks||2008 N Roan St||JOCY||10/27/2016||1/10/2017|
|First Presbyterian Preschool||105 South Boone Street||JC||10/28/2016||11/17/2016|
|Domtar||514 Tilthammer Dr||KPT||10/31/2016||12/1/2016|
|Colonial Heights Dental Group||4621 Fort Henry Dr||KPT||10/31/2016||2/1/2017|
|Smith Brothers Harley-Davidson||3518 Bristol Highway||JC||10/31/2016||12/5/2016|
|YMCA||1840 Meadowview Pkwy||KPT||11/1/2016||12/1/2016|
|Cherry Point Animal Hospital||101 Island Road||KPT||11/1/2016||11/21/2016|
|Oakland Chiropractic||501 West Oakland Avenue||JC||11/2/2016||11/21/2016|
|Martin Dentistry||1599 Fort Henry Drive||KPT||11/4/2016||12/1/2016|
|Avoca Elementary School||2440 Volunteer Pkwy||BRI||11/7/2016||11/18/2016|
|Piney Flats Chiropractic Center||5661 Highway 11-E; Suite 1||PINEY||11/7/2016||12/1/2017|
|Liberty Bell Middle School||718 Morningside Drive||JC||11/7/2016||12/1/2017|
|Broadmore Senior Living (Assisted Living)||826 Meadowview Road||Bri||11/8/2016||11/18/2016|
|Girl Scouts||1100 Woodland Ave||JC||11/8/2016||11/22/2016|
|Grindstaff Automotive||2236 W. Elk Avenue||ELIZ||11/8/2016||12/5/2016|
|Soleus Massage||2106 Mountcastle Dr||JC||11/11/2016||12/15/2016|
|Bristol Broadcasting Co. Inc.||PO Box 1389||BRI||11/11/2016||11/28/2016|
|Frank Theatres-KPT Town Center||2101 Fort Henry Drive||KPT||11/11/2016||11/21/2016|
|Bell Helicopter||441 Industrial Park Road||PINEY||11/14/2016||12/7/2016|
|Kryss Dula & Friends|
|Heritage Hall Theatre||211 N. Church St.||15-Dec||19-Dec|
|Ongoing Food Drives|
|ETSU- Dept of Psych||741-3479||401-A Rogers-Stout Hall||JC||8/22/2013||ongoing|
|Grace Fellowship Church Kingsport||245-3616||One Fellowship Pointe||KPT||3/10/2014||ongoing|
|East Unaka Christian Church||218-9621||1201 E Unaka Ave||JC||7/1/2014||ongoing|
|Sinking Creek Baptist Church||928-3222||2313 Elizabethton HWY||JC||9/24/2014||ongoing|
|The Va- Pharmacy||926-1171 e 4540||JC||4/8/2015||ongoing|
|Re/Max||247-8121||1567 N Eastman Rd Suite 14||KPT||8/14/2015||ongoing|
|FedEx||349-9932 ext 0||2200 Tri Cities Crossing||KPT||9/8/2015||ongoing|
|Alemite||928-8203e 4141||167 Roweland Drive||JC||10/26/2015||ongoing|
|Little Miss Vision Pageant- Renaisance Center||367-1103||1200 E Center St||KPT||1/15/2016||1/18/2016|
|Tennessee Cash Cow||578-6834||1440 E Stone Dr||KPT||2/17/2016||ongoing|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Determine how and where food will be collected. You can use boxes, barrels or bins. Small to medium-size boxes work well for food drives. We can deliver barrels with at least 48 hours notice.
- Give us a starting/ending date and location of the drive. Once collected, you can deliver the food directly to us or call and we will come and pick it up. Pick-ups are coordinated into our current truck routes. This could take a couple of days depending on the service area location.
- If you are using our barrels to collect food they come with a poster or wrap that says “Food Drive to Benefit Second Harvest”. You may decorate the barrels by wrapping them with paper and then decorating the paper. PLEASE do not mark on the barrels or barrel wraps.
- Appoint someone in charge of logistics; i.e., barrel locations and the physical collection of the food. Set a goal: Decide how much food you would like to collect during your food drive. How many potential contributors do you have? How much can you expect to collect? Will you collect food or cash-or both?
- Consider holding internal competitions (between departments, floors, etc.) Award the winners with special recognition such as pizza, etc.
- Spread the word!!! Create a poster explaining your food drive and post it on walls, barrels, etc. to inform others. Put small fliers in paychecks, and mention in other communication with your group, like e-mails and newsletters.
Food items we always need include:
- Cereal/Rice/Dried Beans
- Canned Tuna Fish/Meat
- Canned Soups
- Spaghetti Sauce/Pasta/Noodles
- Peanut Butter
- Canned Tomatoes/Veggies/Fruit
- Mac & Cheese
- Baby Food
- Volunteers sort and box the items in the warehouse.
- The food is distributed to charities who serve those in need in Northeast TN.
- There is absolutely no cost to the donor or the charity.