When you decide to join the team at Second Harvest of Northeast Tennessee, you will be surrounded by dedicated coworkers and volunteers, passionate about serving our community.
People choose to work at Second Harvest because they want to make a difference. Look below for our open positions and consider joining us to help end hunger. If you are interested and qualified for a position listed below, lease complete the Employment Application below and submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Job Opportunities
For full job description, qualifications, and benefits please click the Job Title. Deadline – June 9th
Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee is seeking full-time AmeriCorps VISTA member to build the capacity of our coalition to support community leaders in identifying food-resource barriers, developing comprehensive solutions and implement anti-hunger strategies.
The Hunger Free Community-AmeriCorps VISTA will be responsible for:
- Working with community members to develop and enhance collaborations between governmental agencies, community-based organizations and other community stakeholders (faith-based, business, etc.).
- Completing community assessments/mapping to identify community institutions/assets to be included in anti-hunger goals.
- Enhancing public/private partnerships by identifying potential organizations to recruit to anti-hunger work.
- Identifying barriers to food resources and producing a report of findings.
- Creating a community-wide “end hunger” plan with the input of partner organizations as well as low-income community members which documents the impact of hunger in the community and a plan for addressing this hunger through a collective impact approach.
- Recruiting, managing, and training community volunteers to participate in identified activities.
- Collecting data and reporting on the coalition’s progress.
This is a one year, full-time position. The anticipated start date is in July 17, 2017.
This is a stipend volunteer position with AmeriCorps-Volunteers in Service to America (VISTA). Learn more at https://www.vistacampus.gov/.
Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment, as well as volunteers and our client agencies, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, past or present military service, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee also makes reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by law.