When you decide to join the team at Second Harvest of Northeast Tennessee, you will be surrounded by dedicated coworkers and volunteers, passionate about serving our community.
People choose to work at Second Harvest because they want to make a difference. Look below for our open positions and consider joining us to help end hunger.
Open Job Opportunities
- Develops and administers a comprehensive resource development plan annually, including but not limited to major gift cultivation, direct mail, foundation grants, corporate requests, planned giving and special events.
- Administers oversight and leadership of development staff to achieve goals with Grant Administration and special events.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining donor relationships through the organizations relationship management system including a portfolio of major individual and corporate donors. Working closely with the Executive Director and Executive leadership team to develop strategies and tactics to rapidly and successfully expand individual giving, with a primary focus on growing major gifts.
- Serves as department lead, and committees as needed.
- Works with community relations on messaging, communicating with donors, etc.
- Serves as an articulate and highly active and visible spokesperson to the donor community and key constituencies to enhance recognition and support.
- Ensure that best practices and new and emerging technologies such as online giving are appropriately incorporated into existing development activities in order to grow the department’s success and efficiency.
- Provide appropriate oversight of development systems and procedures, control expenses associated with fundraising, and accurately report the results in compliance with standards set by the Executive Director and the Board of Directors.
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team and collaboratively across departments, and with people of diverse backgrounds/circumstances
- Ability to attend work functions outside of normal work hours, on weekends and evenings, as needed
- Interest in and commitment to the mission of Second Harvest Food Bank.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Required)
- supervisory: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development assistance
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
If you are interested, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment, as well as volunteers and our client agencies, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, past or present military service, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee also makes reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by law.