We Depend On You.Due to the conditions created by the pandemic and in an effort to protect Second Harvest staff and you the volunteer, we are not having volunteers in the warehouse at this time. As soon as possible, we plan to be back to enjoying time with volunteers. Volunteers are the backbone of our success. Thank you for all you have done to help us through the years. We look forward to working together soon.
Each year, the Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee depends on the countless hours of scores of volunteers to assist us in serving the needs of our community. Volunteers from school and church groups, companies, homes, civic organizations and individuals from the community took time out of their schedules to help sort and pack food, delivery meals, and much more. Without the contributions of these volunteers, we would not be able to do what we do.
Ways to get involved
SORT AND PACK GROCERIES
Volunteers sort, label, and repackage nonperishable food items, frozen food, health aids and paper goods.
Volunteers pack bags for income eligible children in participating schools, providing them with meals over the weekends.
Volunteers assist in the front office with various routine office tasks such as answering phones, filing and stuffing envelopes.
Volunteers help the Second Harvest staff with special events throughout the year.
Guidelines for Volunteers
We are so glad you have decided to become a volunteer at Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee. Below are some guidelines which will help you prepare before you come to the food bank, and to keep you safe while you are at our warehouse:
- All volunteers must wear closed toe shoes. Unfortunately, we will not be able to allow you to volunteer in the warehouse or out on the Mobile Food Pantry if you are not wearing closed toe shoes.
- The minimum age for volunteers is 10 years old.
- We need to have a volunteer profile completed for each food bank volunteer.
- Please refrain from using earbuds and/or cell phones while you are volunteering. We use some heavy equipment in the warehouse, and we want to make sure you can hear what is going on around you at all times.
- Please leave bags, food, drinks, and other personal items in your car. We cannot allow you to take them back in the warehouse.
Let's Get StartedFill out the form below.