COVID-19 Community Impact
During the Covid-19 pandemic, many hard-working Americans suddenly find themselves needing support they never wanted to ask for. With School closures, job disruptions, and health risks, many individuals in our region are turning to Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee for much needed support.
· “My husband had a heart attack hasn’t got a paycheck in three weeks he supposed had gone back Monday but got laid off and my job just shut down for 2 weeks we have a daughter need food asap.”
· “I’m applying for food stamps because I’m a ride share employee and with this corona virus affecting everyone it’s also affecting me to zero income for almost 2 weeks now”
· “I am a hairdresser by trade. Due to the Covid-19 impacts in this area. And around the world. I would like assistance if possible. I have no money saved. I have no assistance with my bills. No income during this hard time.”
· “I just had my restaurant closed I am officially unemployed”
· “Everyone in our household is out of a job right now due to the corona-virus.”
From Washington County to Hawkins, Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee is doing what we do best – feeding people in need within our region and communities.
Hunger doesn’t discriminate. Together we can end food insecurities!